Sunday, December 7, 2014

My 3-minute, 5-minute and 10-minute face!


I'm a busy mom of 5 (2 are fur babies!), currently a member of two PTAs, multiple committees, Girl Scout Troop leader, youth basketball coach, avid runner... Getting everyone out of the house on time has become a perfected art form.  Depending on how much or how less time I have in the morning, these are my go to products I reach for to get out the door quickly but still looking put together.  The idea is to not look scary...  :)

Skincare is minimal but still essential so I quickly wash my face with Avalon Organics Vitamin C cleanser or if my skin is acting reactive, I use Cetaphil.  My nighttime routine more than makes up for my morning haste.  Three to ten splashes of water to rinse and then I am on to toner which is currently and usually Witch Hazel.  I follow up with Olay complete all day moisturizer with SPF 15 and an eye cream du jour.  Puffy eyes get hit with Clinique all about eyes serum de-puffing eye massage STAT.  One minute is down.




I slap on Mayebelline dark circle eraser in light under my eyes, around my nose, dot on my chin and a line on the forehead.  I just recently purchased this at Ulta (BOGO 50% off and $3.50 off $10 coupon!) This product has a really nice finish.  I then dot some Lumene CC cream on my cheeks, upper forehead, chin, and nose.  Over the summer I was using CoverGirl ready, set gorgeous in 115 buff beige but it is just a little too dark for me right now. Both the Lumene and CoverGirl have good coverage and look very natural on the skin.  

 
I lightly mist my Real Techniques face brush with a rose water spray and blend the dots on my face in light circular motions or I used the Real Tecniques blending sponge.  Of course I have two rose water facial sprays that I rotate in between, Heritage Store Rosewater and Mario Badescu.  Heritage is typically used for my brushes, MB for a setting spray but when I am in a hurry, it's whatever I grab first!  Curling my eyelashes is essential so while I am blending my face, I am warming my Shiseido eyelash curler in my other hand.  2 minutes down.

Quickly pumping my eyelash curler on each set of lashes, I grab my blush brush and tap it into mark. just blushing in cameo.  This acts as a blush and bronzer combo for my skin tone, warming up the cheeks and around the face.  And then put a layer of mascara.  I take my time with this step, maybe 30 seconds.  Cleaning up mascara messes will take even more time so I slow a bit down for this step.  Three minutes done and I am out the door.

Now with 5 minutes, same steps as above but I will set everything with a powder, especially under the eyes with Tarte translucent powder.  I also sweep on a little NARS Translucent Light Reflecting Setting Powder all over the face and then add some bronzer.  Currently, I am trying to use up NYC Sunny. 




On to the eyes, I will swipe on a L'OREAL Infallable on the lids, most often Bronzed Taupe and line with Julep Kajal Eye Glider dual ended with brown shimmer and carbon black.  With 5 minutes, I work on my brows...  I'm loving Tarte Amazionian clay waterproof brow mousse in rich brown and the brush that comes in the set.

10 minutes allows for a semi-full eye look (I get in time trouble here most days) winged liner, Bobbi Brown corrector under my Mayeblline dark circle concealer, and I take a minute to buff in Laura Mercier mineral powder over a light coat of foundation.  Buffing this mineral powder into the skin is an important step for a flawless finish so I take my time.  I set everything with a makeup setting spray usually Mario Badescu as my skin has been a little dry but I also use one from AVON that worked amazing over the summer.

Oh and lips are done on the fly in the car!  Just a swipe of gloss, whatever is hanging out in my bag at the time.

Most days I have between 3 and 5 minutes to get ready and my makeup usually has to last all day, 8-10 hours, so these my products are my tried and true!

No comments:

Post a Comment