Sunday, July 20, 2014

Current Skincare Routine

One major thing my skin likes is consistency.  I can mix in a few samples here and there, but I learned that it is not something I can do every single day.  That being said, I cannot use the same products months on end.  My skin doesn't like that either.  Or I just haven't found the right mix of products to use forever.  But what fun would that be if I never tried another product?

Let's start with my morning routine...



I start off with a cotton round soaked in Boots N7 Beautiful Skin Cleansing Water to remove my skincare from the night before and any residual eye makeup that might have migrated under my eyes.

I then go in with some Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser and massage that all over my face, neck and décolletage.  I take a warm Muslim or face cloth and gently wipe off the cleanser and then I do my rinsing.  I hold my head over the sink and splash my face several times until I no longer feel any remaining cleansing. 

To ensure no remaining cleanser remains and to further balance the pH of my skin, I soak a cotton pad with witch hazel and go over my face, neck and décolletage.

After tonor, I follow up with Alpha Hydrox Oil-Free 10% Glycolic AHA Anti-Wrinkle Treatment on my face, neck and décolletage.  If I am having an active breakout, I will use Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid with Salicyclic Acid instead.  I soak and cotton pad, concentrate the product on my face and use the rest of my neck and décolletage.




For eye cream, I use Olay Regenerating eye lifting serum most mornings.  If I'm feeling puffy, I tap on Ole Henriksen Ultimate Lift eye gel.


The final step is sunscreen.  Currently I use Doctor T's Supergoop City Sunscreen Serum with SPF 30. I'm running out of this product but (of course) I have 2 backups.  My first backup is Olay Professional ProX even skin tone Anti-Oxidant Sunscreen in SPF 35.  It is heavier than the Supergoop but I still like it.  



I also have Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer in SPF 50.  Super greasy though.  If I am using Cetaphil, after my Witch Hazel step, I go in with a cotton pad with Milk of Magnesia and press it on my t-tone.  I'm not convinced of MoM's oil controlling magic, but I keep trying it out anyway especially with heavy high SPF moisturizers.

Regardless of the sunscreen I use, I apply it in my face, neck and décolletage every day.

My skin is now ready for primer and foundation!

Now on to my evening routine...

I start off with removing my eye makeup with a cotton pad soaked in Nuance by Salma Hayek Cumcumber & Rosewater Dual Phase Makeup Remover.  Dual Phase means that it must be shaken to mix both layers.  Since I have been using L'OREAL lash out butterfly mascara in waterproof, I might have to go in with jojoba oil to break it down further.  It's seriously budge proof which I like because it holds my curl in the pool and at the beach.  :)


Next step I use 2 pumps of Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser and I massage into my face, neck and décolletage but really concentrate and message the product into my face and t-zone for about 3-5 minutes.  I either use a Muslim cloth or a face cloth and wipe off the product and then steam my face, neck and décolletage for another 2-3 minutes.

For my second cleanse I am using a Neutrogena facial bar which I lather up, briefly massage on my face and then I go in with my cleansing brush on my face, neck and décolletage.  I have to be super careful not to get the Neutrogena in my eyes.  It burns like crazy!  If my skin is having a freak out as in allergic reaction, I will use Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser day and night, followed by Witch Hazel.  

For tonor, my absolute favorite is Korres Pomegranate Tonor (see above) which I initially bought 2 bottles from Marshall's and have been looking for more ever since.  This stuff finds more dirt even after both my cleanses.  
 
Same step as above, after toning...  Alpha Hydrox Oil-Free 10% Glycolic AHA Anti-Wrinkle Treatment on my face and neck.  If I am having an active breakout (not allergic reaction) I will use Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid with Salicyclic Acid instead.  The only difference here is that I have Studio Beauty 35 Alpha Hydroxy Face Cream 8% AHA of 70% Solution on my décolletage to use it up.  I had this way before the Alpha Hydrox which I just recently found at TJ Maxx. 



For eye cream at night, I'm using Ole Henriksen visual truth eye creme.  I picked this up on clearance at TJ Maxx and I really like it so far.  Nothing earth shattering, but it provides adequate moisture.

My night moisturizer changes every couple of days depending in what my skin needs.  I have been using Olay Professional ProX Brightening Renewal cream which came in a set with the Even Skin Tone Anti-Oxidant Sunscreen with SPF 35.  I bought this set on clearance at CVS for $11 so I'm assuming it is discontinued.  I really like it and I will start the search for a back up.  If I need a little more moisture or if I do a clay mask, I will use Korres Greek Yoghurt Advanced Nourishing Sleeping Facial.

I do mix in some oils here and there.  I will do a separate post.  But same cleansing routine and treatment but I will use an oil instead of a moisturizer.

Now that I have all the products lined up in front of me, it's a lot of product!

The following products are nearing the end:

Supergoop City Sunscreen Serum
Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser
Aura Cacia Organics Jojoba Oil
Nuance Dual Phase Makeup Remover
Studio Beauty 35 Alpha Hydroxy Face Cream 
Olay Regenerating eye lifting serum

Items I will always repurchase:

Supergoop City Sunscreen Serum
Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser
Witch Hazel
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser
Alpha Hydrox Oil-Free 10% Glycolic AHA Anti-Wrinkle Treatment
Korres Pomegranate Cleanser

Items I bought on clearance that I will try to find again: 

Boots N7 Beautiful Skin Cleansing Water has been repurchased several times at Target and have not seen it since the last one I bought on clearance. 
Olay Professional ProX even skin tone set was bought at CVS on clearance and I believe before that I saw it at Walmart on clearance. 

It's a lot but it is working and my skin looks and feels really nice.  I'm really liking this routine but as I mentioned above, a few items are almost finished so I will need to adjust slightly.

Coming up soon will be posts on the oils that are currently in rotation a couple times a week and also my cleansing masks and cloth masks that I use a couple times a week as well.  So be in the look out for those!

Hope you are well!


No comments:

Post a Comment